Headquartered in Taichung City of Taiwan, Sharp-Eyed Precision Parts is the largest integrated professional original equipment manufacturer of precision parts and surface treatment in Taiwan. To promote the upgrading of traditional industries in the aspect of information technology, in 2017, the Company worked with Otsuka Information Technology Corp. to design a password-free APP for iPAD users to download and install for free through the Apple App Store, and its completeness and richness are unprecedented in the industry today.
This APP is divided into three major entrances:
- AR: AR and 3D amplified-interaction main manufacturing process
- VR: 720-degree surrounding view of various plants
- Surface treatment and inspection process
In AR, the two modes of 3D and AR (scan identification card) can be switched interchangeably. Sharp-Eyed Precision Parts has the following four major manufacturing processes:
- Compound lathe and milling machine - the geometry of the surface profile and the up and down turrets are processed and displayed at the same time.
- Vertical milling machine - in all kinds of alloy materials such as SUS316; 10 times of milling cutters' deep holes, with the display of the processing tool's advance and retreat paths.
- High-speed engraving - 60,000RPM curved/plane graphic stable depth processing.
- Chemical nickel surface treatment - suitable for plating base materials with a variety of complex geometric figures, and the three main processes for a uniform film are shown in Figure 1 ~ Figure 4.
- 【Figure 1. Compound lathe and milling machine processing】
- 【Figure 2. Vertical milling machine processing】
- 【Figure 3. High-speed engraving processing】
- 【Figure 4. Electroless nickel plating processing】
The user can zoom in and out from different angles and see the different perspectives in the manufacturing process to understand the unique processing technology. In particular, in the past the electroless nickel (chemical nickel) plating process was mostly discussed in theory. This AR App can, through the animations of the three main processes of electroless nickel plating
【Step1. Thermal Degreasing→ Step2 .Ultrasonic Cleaning→ Step3 .Chemical Nickel Plating】, enable the user to interact with the manufacturing process through the AR's hand-held perspective and 3D finger-controlled zooming, and simultaneously view the condensed processing video and 2D graphic UI view to clearly obtain the information about the equipment's processing capacity and scope of application.
VR: The user can browse the 720-degree panoramic view of each plant site, and use the map mode to browse Sharp-Eyed plant sites across the strait according to the production base, including the six sites of Taichung/Changbin/ Taipei/ Kaohsiung/ Wuxi/ Shenzhen.The 720-degree panoramic view is currently available for the two plants in Taichung and Changbin. Click on the visit button to enter the panoramic view display area, and the various highlights can be found with the iPAD moving 360 degrees.
- 【Figure 5 Taichung plant's CNC line】
- 【Figure 6 Taichung plant's optical screening line】
- 【Figure 7 Changbin plant's electroplating line】
- 【Figure 8 Taichung plant's clean room】
The post-processing and Inspection process also Includes introductions to cleanroom/automatic optical screening machine/3D & scanned profile measurement/X-ray fluorescence spectrometer/coating thickness tester/hardness tester/salt spray test and Keyence automatic dimension measurement to provide industry customers with a complete solution for the entire manufacturing process of precision parts and consultation.